Job Title : Production Manager
Reports To:Operations Head
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
? Responsible for day to day production activities
? Supervising the production activities to reach the desired quantity and quality.
? Directing production operations, coordinating production staff and equipment used for the manufacturing process
? Closely work with process team in order to improve the production process, improve the productivity, quality and to reduce the Scraps and fatigues
? To Monitor and reduce the Process reworks and scraps on day to day basis with proper action plans
? Implementing the corrective actions and monitoring the sustainability of the corrective actions.
? Providing technical support to the team, by means of Training
? Closely work with PPC in order to understand the requirements and to execute the same.
? To Monitor the process in accordance with the standards, Work instructions
? To maintain the production tooling and equipment in good condition, and closely work with maintenance team for the preventive maintenance.
? To depute the right people on right operations (with proper training and instructions)
? To maintain the 5S in the shop floors.
? To Communicate the daily production details and rejection details to the team and create awareness
? Responsible for all Logistics activities-Inbound, outbound and customs clearances
? Negotiate annual contracts with all service providers-Forwarders,CHAs,etc.
? Primarily to ensure shipment/receipt of cargo in the quickest possible time with the lowest expenses and with 100% efficiency
Key Competencies required:
- Experience with Operational Excellence programs and Continuous Improvement in leadership and contributing roles.
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills; including the ability to interface with internal & external customer contacts
- Sustaining the pressure and quick adoptability to the changes.
- Establish and maintain facility environmental, safety, and health standards to minimize employee and community exposure
- Team player, and Team leading Capability
- Closing of MO,s , reduce the cost and cycle time Knowledge of quality systems and standards with a focus on creating improvement standards that are based on the practices of root cause analysis. Timely execution & reporting of the qualifications results.
- Analytical ability
- Commitments on the planned activities
- Knowledge in MS office
- Knowledge of Logistics
- Willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
- Supply chain background
- Experience of handling stores and warehouse activities.
- Knowledge of perpetual inventory process.
Education and/or Experience
- Any engineering degree or diploma
- 10-15 years experience of leading a production team.
Experience of atleast 4-5 years in similar industry
Language Skills : Must be able to communicate, orally and in writing, in English
Kannada knowledge is a must.